Okay, so I read 'He's Just Not That Into You' for the first time this week. I remember seeing this book in Myer when I was 19 and thinking that it was a load of crap, not chasing guys?? WHY?? Maybe if I had read this book I would have avoided a hellva lot of bad relationships, breakdowns and stupidity which has haunted my love life still about now.
I also reckon that EVERYONE should read this book. Even if you are
in the best relationship in the world. It has made me
realise that I deserve to be treated a lot better than I was. I also
learnt something kinda cool:
any guy I have actively chased, tracked down, longed for for months
on end hasn't been worth it. The relationships I had with those guys
were horrible. I don't speak to any of them now.
any relationship I have been chased, tracked down, flirted with by a
guy was great while it lasted. and the best thing I guess is that I
still speak to those guys and have a lot of respect for them.
This is part of my fave chapter and it's for a few people who need to hear this.
he's just not that into you if he's a selfish jerk, a bully or a really big jerk.
- Life is hard enough as it is without choosing someone difficult to share it with
- You deserve someone who is nice to you all the time (you have to be nice to them, too)
- There's never any reason to shout/yell at someone unless they are in imminent danger (ie about to be hit by a bus)
- Freaks should remain at the circus, not in your apartment
- You already have one asshole. You don't need another.
- Make space in your life for the glorious things you deserve
- Have faith. What other choice is there?