Thursday, 5 May 2016

From the Archives 2009: A really quick review of 'He's just not THAT into you'.

Okay, so I read 'He's Just Not That Into You' for the first time this week. I remember seeing this book in Myer when I was 19 and thinking that it was a load of crap, not chasing guys?? WHY?? Maybe if I had read this book I would have avoided a hellva lot of bad relationships, breakdowns and stupidity which has haunted my love life still about now.

I also reckon that EVERYONE should read this book. Even if you are in the best relationship in the world. It has made me realise that I deserve to be treated a lot better than I was. I also learnt something kinda cool:

any guy I have actively chased, tracked down, longed for for months on end hasn't been worth it. The relationships I had with those guys were horrible. I don't speak to any of them now.

any relationship I have been chased, tracked down, flirted with by a guy was great while it lasted. and the best thing I guess is that I still speak to those guys and have a lot of respect for them.


ANYWAYS.
This is part of my fave chapter and it's for a few people who need to hear this.

he's just not that into you if he's a selfish jerk, a bully or a really big jerk.
Chapter review:

- Life is hard enough as it is without choosing someone difficult to share it with

- You deserve someone who is nice to you all the time (you have to be nice to them, too)

- There's never any reason to shout/yell at someone unless they are in imminent danger (ie about to be hit by a bus)

- Freaks should remain at the circus, not in your apartment

- You already have one asshole. You don't need another.

- Make space in your life for the glorious things you deserve

- Have faith. What other choice is there?